The Western Chapter Of The CFPA
Western Chapter Update - July 2010
Strathcona Fluid Power Challenge
The 2010 Strathcona Fluid Power Challenge held on March 25th was, once again, a tremendous success. There were 30 teams and 122 students competing in this event which provides hands-on exposure to problem-solving using fluid power and other technologies.
The Strathcona Fluid Power Challenge would not be possible without the support of our sponsors and we’d like to take this opportunity to extend our gratitude to...
|Berendsen Fluid Power
Fluidseal AB Inc.
Gir Del Hydraulic (4)
HTS Hydraulic Technical Services
Norcan Fluid Powwer
Parker Canada Division
Spring Annual General Meeting
This March 30th meeting was held at NAIT and featured a discussion on NAIT Fluid Power I and II course outlines, a review of the 5th Annual Strathcona Fluid Power Challenge and the upcoming 11th Annual Western Golf Tournament and Hall of Fame Inductee selection. Keynote speaker, Ken Fiske, VP of the Edmonton Economic Development Corporation, provided the EEDC 2010 forecast for the Edmonton region.
NAIT Fluid Power Course
Seven representatives from various fluid power companies and five representatives from NAIT met on May 17th to discuss the next steps in the development of the Fluid Power Curriculum. Three course levels have now been established – basic, intermediate and advanced – with 6 modules and 14 hours per module. The courses will be available starting in January 2011.
11th Annual Golf Tournament & Hall of Fame Induction
This very successful tournament attracted 46 golfers to a great day at Alberta Springs Golf Resort. Red Deer. A highlight of the day was the induction of Al Hurd (Norcan Fluid Power) and Darryl Hearnden (Parker-Denison) into the Western CFPA Fluid Power Hall of Fame. Three previous inductees were also on hand – Gord Lewis, Don Bais and Roy Lakeman.
Main Objectives of the Western Chapter
- Participation from a broad range of Fluid Power Companies in Western Canada to ensure that we are pursuing goals that are common to all.
- Raising awareness of the Fluid Power Industry as a viable career choice.
- Establish appropriate education curriculum in both High Schools and Technical Schools that reflect current technology and our needs.
- Establish an Industry acknowledged accredited training program.
- Roster of guest speakers at our General meetings to discuss issues such as Customer service, Educational trends, Market trends, Occupational Health & Safety, Environmental, Legal issues.
- Annual Golf Tournament to foster networking between various Fluid Power companies.
If you would like to join this association please visit the Membership Info and Benefits page, or if you would like further information on the Western Chapter and/or its next meeting, you can contact any one of the Board members listed.
Western Chapter - CFPA
Box 59072, Riverbend RPO