Membership Information And Benefits
Canadian Fluid Power Association (CFPA) members work together to promote fluid power technology and applications along with educating the marketplace of its benefits.
Here's just a sampling of what CFPA sets out to do:
- Promote and further the best interests of the members
- Develop standards of performance and procedures for testing
- Provide a forum for the exchange of information on all subjects of common interest to members
- Collect, analyze and distribute ... technical and statistical data
- Unite in making representations to government and other public bodies on questions of common concern
- Obtain information ... and inform members of government and other actions affecting members
CFPA membership provides:
- Networking opportunities with industry peers
- International industry news via affiliated associations such as National Fluid Power Association (NFPA) and Fluid Power Distributors Association (FPDA)
- Information about Fluid Power Society (FPS) and other courses as well as field opportunities for your staff
- Contacts with educational institutions teaching fluid power technology at all levels
- Fluid power promotional materials targeted at the market place
What is Fluid Power?
- Fluid power is the technology that is everywhere. It helped move the construction equipment that built your house or the highway you drive. It powers farm equipment and automates modern factories. It's in energy and it flies every plane. And you will even find it in recreation. Fluid Power is the invisible technology that is everywhere.
- Fluid Power is the one of only three basic ways of transmitting and controlling power. Fluid Power, unlike the other two – mechanical and electrical – transmits and controls power through a pressurized fluid. That fluid can be either air (resulting in pneumatic pressure) or a liquid (resulting in hydraulic pressure).
- Fluid Power has many unique advantages that make it the most suitable, and sometimes the only, choice for powering and controlling machinery and equipment on land, sea and air.
The CFPA Network - For Your Company, And For You!
- CFPA functions offer a wealth of opportunities for you and your colleagues to meet the leading figures in the fluid power industry in Canada. At regular Association functions you'll meet your peers - general meetings take place every six months, with technical fellowship meetings for various specialties and areas of interest held quarterly. The annual general meeting and golf tournament are the featured events.
Display Your Wares.
- To help CFPA members stay "top of mind" with their customers, the Association has arranged special member discounts at many trade industry shows. Putting you front, centre and successful is why we are here.
To register as a CFPA Member:
- Download the membership application in PDF format
- Complete the application and fax it to the association office at 416-491-1670
- You will then be contacted by the membership chair
Students, please click here for free membership.
Enjoy these benefits and services as part of your CFPA membership...
1-800-265-1554 ext. 234
The innovative one stop Reward, Recognition & Identification Centre.
Visit our website at http://www.nothers.com/
|J. Wiley & Sons
30-40% discount on a wide number of books.
|City National Leasing - Automobile & Truck Leasing
Mr. T. Mcdonald
416-288-5547 / 1-800-213-4669
Competitive rates on all vehicles. Lease terms from 6-60 months, closed-end or open-end lease. Full service, courtesy cars and trade-ins accepted.
Travel Agent: 1-800-268-8900
Sales Service Assistance: 1-800-268-8941
Substantially reduced rates on cars and trucks. Identification number must be given.
Corporate Discount Number AO20000.
|LMS PROLINK Ltd.
Joe McCabe, (416) 595-7484 or 1-800-663-6828
Association: D&O, E&O, Group Benefits, Health & Dental, Home & Auto.
(416) 410-7226, Toll free 1-877-410-7200
Joseph McQuaid, ext. 224
Fax (416) 410-7228
Group Insurance, Employer Pension Plan, Keyman Insurance, Personal Disability & Health plans.
|MAGAZINE SUBSCRIPTION SAVINGS
A national magazine since 1981 provides articles on personal finance including tax, investment, retirement and financial planning. One year (10 issues) for only $19.95 + 1.40 GST. That?s a savings of over $50.00 off the cover price. Free sample at http://www.canadianmoneysaver.ca
or call 613-352-7448.
|REAL ESTATE SERVICES
|All Purpose Realty
1-800-203-9494 (Please identify yourself as a member)
A national real estate referral service that can introduce you to a pre-screened realtor. This referral service works with realtors from well known local, regional and national real estate organizations. Receive Aeroplan rewards, check the website at http://www.aircanada.ca/aeroplan for their current redemption schedule.
|ROAD SIDE ASSISTANCE/TRAVEL SERVICES
|CAA (available to Ontario members only)
1-800-341-2226 or 905-669-9051 (regular office hours)
CAA members can avail of roadside assistance (anywhere in Canada or U.S.A. and a variety of travel services and discount benefits.
|Harold Taylor Time Consultants Inc.
1271 Gorham Street, Unit 12, Newmarket,
Ontario L3Y 7V1
(905) 853-9328; Fax: (905) 853-9390
10% discount on time planners, calendars and other products.
Please identify yourself as an association member.
Cindy D'Hollander, 905-770-2418
5% discount on vacation packages (excluding sell-offs and last minute discount bookings).