There may be a job waiting for you in Fluid Power!
Fluid Power is behind the scenes in many industries and there may be a job waiting for you there:
- automation ... the fluid power works hand-in-hand with electrics, electronics and robotics in today's state-of-the-art facilities.
- agriculture ... fluid power provides the horsepower for modern farming equipment as well as the power enabling the food processing industry.
- aerospace ... fluid power is an integral part of the aerospace industry, whether on a plane, helicopter or shuttle in outer space.
- energy ... fluid power is a vital ingredient in activities such as offshore drilling, underground mines, wind power and finding new means of energy efficiency.
- biomedical ... fluid power is used in your dentist's high speed drill, in artificial kidneys, valve-assisted bladders and medication equipment.
- recreation ... fluid power moves you on roller coasters and ski lifts.
- construction ... fluid power helps move the earth in the powerful machines that are used in the construction industry.
Jobs in Fluid Power include:
- Engineers ... who design Fluid Power systems and components as well as conduct research on new concepts, applications and improvements of existing installations.
- Technicians ... who operate machines equipped with Fluid Power systems.
- Mechanics ... who assemble and install systems as well as troubleshoot and maintain Fluid Power systems.
- Sales and Marketing Personnel ... involved in selling and marketing systems, working closely with manufacturers and distributors.
- and Management Personnel ... who plan, direct, coordinate and supervise Fluid Power businesses.
Companies requiring experts in Fluid Power include:
- Manufacturers of Fluid Power components and systems.
- Distributors of Fluid Power products ... companies that sell, repair and build Fluid Power systems and components.
- Manufacturers of industrial, automotive and aerospace and defense products.
In order to promote fluid power as a career choice among
students, CFPA offers the following services:
- Students can have access to CFPA member benefits free-of-charge, click here to join CFPA for free.
- Fluid Power students have the opportunity to post their resumes on the CFPA website. CFPA member companies who are hiring regularly consult these resumes, click here to submit your resume.
Links to colleges that offer Hydraulic or Pneumatics courses: